By Dr Allen Rezai MD, founder of Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Group, Dubai, UAE, and one of UK’s leading specialists in Breast Surgery.
Cosmetic Breast Surgery is far from being a new form of surgery. More popular and more affordable, yes, but not at all new. In fact various forms of breast surgery have been carried out for over a hundred years. However, it is in recent years that major advances have been made in surgical techniques, technology and materials, all contributing to greatly improved results and thus patient satisfaction.
Indeed there are several reasons or conditions that might lead a woman (or a man) to consider that cosmetic breast surgery might provide the solution to their needs.
- you consider your breasts to be either too small or too large;
- your breasts seem to be disproportionate in size to the rest of your body
- your breasts have changed, possibly following pregnancy or significant weight loss;
- your breasts are asymmetrical to an extent that you feel uncomfortable about the situation
- you have suffered some form of injury or undergone a mastectomy operation and now requirere-constructive surgery to restore your breasts
- as a man, you are suffering from gynecomastia, or over-sized breasts that make you feeluncomfortable or embarrassed;
- or you have undergone previous breast surgery and are simply unhappy with the results.However, in spite of the ever-increasing number of breast operations carried out each year, the decision to actually proceed with surgery is very personal to you and you owe it to yourself to take this decision very seriously and not be unduly swayed by the opinions of others or by holding unrealistic expectations. The decision should be yours, and yours alone; and this should be founded upon appropriate advice from a highly experienced Consultant Plastic Surgeon.Plastic surgery of the breasts can make smaller breasts larger and fuller by using breast implants, a procedure known as Breast Augmentation. Conversely, breasts that are too large can be reduced in volume with a Breast Reduction. A Mastopexy, or Breast Uplift, can be performed when the breasts are too droopy in order to lift them, thereby improving the overall shape without affecting the size dramatically. And finally, some breasts need a combination of an augmentation and a lift in order to achieve a shapelier look.”With all of these options Dr Rezai advocates a natural appearance, one in which the breasts look, feel, and move naturally. At Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Group we utilize the shortest scars and least invasive approaches possible in order to achieve the best possible result.Meeting up with a consultant plastic surgeon before you actually decide to undergo surgery is the preferred route for many reasons, not least amongst which is that you can avoid having any unrealistic expectations of the outcome of your operation.
At your first meeting with your Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Group consultant you will be able to:
- Discuss your needs and wishes in absolute detail
- Decide whether the operation you are considering is right for you
- Learn from your consultant what is achievable and, importantly, not achievable for you depending upon your precise circumstances. i.e. the likely outcome of your operation
- Discuss any concerns you might have about your operation
- Discuss the potential for any side-effects or complications related to your procedure
- View before and after photos of patients who have undergone a similar procedure
- Learn how you will need to prepare for your operation and what will happen afterwards
- Form an opinion as to whether your Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery consultant is the right surgeon for you (the importance of feeling comfortable with your surgeon should not be overlooked)
- With many pre-operative consultations, a second meeting will ensure you and the surgeon have similar aims and expectations and you are fully aware of the implications of surgery. It will give you another opportunity to ask any questions you may have forgotten at the first meeting.Exceptional surgical results are paramount in our practice, so is maintaining the highest of professional standards and safety. We believe not only in educating each one of our patients as to what is available and appropriate, but also in formulating a customized plan for each person. Everyone has a slightly different physical anatomy, different lifestyles, goals, personal circumstances, and differing viewpoints about plastic surgery. We believe that a truly successful result is not only achieving technical perfection, but also achieving the result that best fits your needs and desires.